The Family

The Family

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to my DAD!!!!!!




My dad came into this world a whoppin' 53 years ago and that makes him just over half a century old!! LOL So, in my grand opinion he has a lot of wisdom and knowledge and years of experience! I can ask him advice and he always seems to know what to say.... My Dad is a very spiritual man and had always led our family in righteousness and I admire him for that.
All the fun times that we have had together and memories we have made are very dear to my heart! I remember the daddy daughter dinners we went to and the time we dressed up in 50's costumes to go to the church dance! What fun......
My dad took me fishing and helped me catch the big ones!! I loved fishing when I was a girl and he would help me with basics and then I took it from there!! We also had fun in the old boat he fixed up and we would go out to the lake and spend the day out on the water till it broke again!! it was fun...
We had our share of camping trips and they are all pretty memorable too!! We always seemed to have a great time! The Heart Ranch and Colorado are the most memorable for me! No matter what we did, we always came back with a story to tell.....
Did I mention that my Dad is the BEST Auto Mechanic in the whole world!!! It has been his life long career. He started at about the age of 14 I think, and man does he have a knack for it!! He can fix anything, anywhere! He can just hear it over the phone and tell us what to do to get the job done!! To me, this is a talent that is so amazing, and I am so proud of him for all his hard work that he does!!
But the one thing that stands out the most is when the doctors told my parents that I was not going to live when I was 5 years old! I had fallen off the top of a slide and fractured my skull. Things were looking really bleak and my dad gave me a blessing using his priesthood and through this, a miracle happened..... my life was spared and I am here today because of that blessing and the faith that my family has and prayers of so many others as well......
Thank you Dad, for all that you have done for me in my life and the example you are to me everyday! You are am amazing man and have done so much for our family and so many others! On your Birthday, I want you to know how very special and loved you are.......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD, YOUR THE BEST!!

1 comment:

Christina Brinkworth said...

Well sheesh, way to show me up!!! I think I might delete mine. LOL Good job....i really might delete mine.

background